Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I fix a Photos Edit glitch?

Now, when I want to edit a photo and click Edit, I am shown a small version which is "inactive" so I have to click Done and open the photo to Edit a second time; second time, it is fine. This is a new glitch that has arrived with Monterey.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 9:48 AM

You must also have Optmize Mac Storage enabled. Therefore, before you can edit you'll have to download the full sized version of the photo from iCloud before you can edit it, print it, share it or use it in a project.

Similar questions

9 replies

Nov 25, 2021 2:16 PM in response to Old Toad

I see I do have Optimise Storage selected. I have as much memory and as big a hard disk as a MacBook Air M1 can have so I wonder whether I really need to Optimise( I have a UK English (spellchecker). The trouble with fiddling around with such settings is that I end up losing stuff as I can't tell where it really is and I sync in the wrong direction.

How can I fix a Photos Edit glitch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.