Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to display contact using spotlight search in Mac

Recently I was trying to clear some files to declutter my Mac, but I may have deleted some files that could resulted in this where I can no longer see my contact displayed on spotlight search. All it showed was a bunch of codes. Can anyone help? I tried to rebuild my index by unchecking contact in spotlight under preference but nothing has changed. Currently using MacOS as shown in the image. it's also very slow in response, often show the beach ball spinning.

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 8:19 AM

The example I gave was a fictitious contact name of "fuzzy" using the Spotlight 🔍 menu bar panel. You can also just enter a double quoted "first last name" string and the contact entry will appear with a > character in the right margin of the results. Clicking that entry opens up the contact info in the Spotlight panel. Tested: macOS 12.0.1.

I don't have macOS Catalina, and have no idea what that so-called "cleaning" app you used did to your data.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2021 8:19 AM in response to applewerk

The example I gave was a fictitious contact name of "fuzzy" using the Spotlight 🔍 menu bar panel. You can also just enter a double quoted "first last name" string and the contact entry will appear with a > character in the right margin of the results. Clicking that entry opens up the contact info in the Spotlight panel. Tested: macOS 12.0.1.

I don't have macOS Catalina, and have no idea what that so-called "cleaning" app you used did to your data.

Unable to display contact using spotlight search in Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.