Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappear Flagged Folder

My Flagged Folder shows 77 message but I can only see 10 on the screen. Where 'd id they go?

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 4:20 PM

11 replies

Nov 25, 2021 7:00 AM in response to PRP_53

I’ve tried shutting down all my devices. No changes. Interesting that “Flagged” is not available in our “iCloud mail account” either. Only VIP.

I’ve talked with Apple Support and they can’t explain it. Time to call Apple Support again. Maybe get someone knowledge.

currently Apple support and IT technicians working on “why my nestle collection” purchase thru iTunes in 2010 now only shows albums covers on 4 of the 13 albums

Nov 25, 2021 9:36 AM in response to Cynthia Mcdonagh

Since one has already marked the Question as Solved - the instructions become unnecessary

Below is verbatim from the previous link provided >>>>> Mail showing incorrect number of flagged emails <<<<<

Quit Mail if it’s open.

• In ~/Library/Mail/V7/MailData, delete any file that begins with “Envelope Index,” such as Envelope Index or Envelope Index-shm.

• Your home Library folder is hidden by default. To display it, choose Finder > “Go to Folder” and then enter “~/Library

• Open Mail.

• Mail creates new Envelope Index files. This process may take a few minutes, depending on how many messages Mail is reindexing.

• It will fix your issue.

Nov 25, 2021 9:48 AM in response to PRP_53

Disregard all my other messaged below. P Phillip I went to your recommended link https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/379736/mail-showing-incorrect-number-of-flagged-emails

Follow instructions Library - Mail but unable to find any Envelope Index-shm. I did try "search feature" and nothing found.

Then I dug deeper into your message and no where could I find information for macOS Monterey 12.0.1.

Can you update your link to include macOS 12.0,1?

Thank you

Nov 28, 2021 1:36 PM in response to writermd

The important thing was " missing or wrong Flag Count " and not the missing Flagged Folder.

Under normal default setting, there is no Flagged Folder existing in Apple Mail unless the User has Created one folder called " Flagged " and either moved all flagged e-mails to that specific folder or created an Apple Rule to Move said Flagged e-mail to the Flagged Folder.

Disappear Flagged Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.