Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using another iCloud e-mail with another Apple ID

I have 2 Apple IDs:

1) my main account used for my iPhone / iPad / Mac - it has all my backups and all my media purchases associated with it

2) another apple id that has my iCloud e-mail / calendar that I use.

I want to be able to use my iCloud e-mail account / calendar (account 2) on all my apple devices which i currently use AppleID 1 to log in to. What is the best option ?

Am I able to move my iCloud e-mail from 2 to 1 ? or do I have to transfer all my subscriptions / backups / etc.. to 2 and use 2 to login to my devices so that I can simply use my iCloud e-mail on my devices

(I don't want to use another e-mail / calendar tool as they lack the integrations i want that come with having the iCloud e-mail associated with my account)

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 6:56 PM

Hello,

You can achieve this by adding your 2nd iCloud account in Mail and Calendar settings. Then use iCloud Keychain to make sure those (secondary) accounts stay updated on all your devices via your main Apple ID.

Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts on iPhone - Apple Support

Set up iCloud Keychain and iCloud Passwords on all your devices - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2021 6:56 PM in response to Justin R Hyde

Hello,

You can achieve this by adding your 2nd iCloud account in Mail and Calendar settings. Then use iCloud Keychain to make sure those (secondary) accounts stay updated on all your devices via your main Apple ID.

Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts on iPhone - Apple Support

Set up iCloud Keychain and iCloud Passwords on all your devices - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

Nov 25, 2021 12:05 AM in response to Scott-he-him

I've managed to add the 2nd iCloud account to my laptop e-mail and calendar and my iPhone calendar (still struggling with e-mail on my iphone) - thank you that is helpful. My preference is still to be able to collapse these down into one account rather than having to have two - so if there's a way of moving everything over to my 2nd account and getting rid of my 1st that is my preference.

Using another iCloud e-mail with another Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.