Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic keyboard won't connect to iPad Pro 12.9

Anyone having problems with Magic Keyboard not connecting to iPad Pro 12.9 5th get?

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 10:25 PM

MJ8888 wrote:

… I've given up the the keyboard and will look for keyboard from another manufacturer.

Well, that’s one way to go about it.

You could also take your iPad and keyboard into an Apple Store or Authorized Repair Facility to be checked, so Apple, and you, can find out what went wrong.

In any case, it’s up to you.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 10:25 PM in response to MJ8888

MJ8888 wrote:

… I've given up the the keyboard and will look for keyboard from another manufacturer.

Well, that’s one way to go about it.

You could also take your iPad and keyboard into an Apple Store or Authorized Repair Facility to be checked, so Apple, and you, can find out what went wrong.

In any case, it’s up to you.

Nov 26, 2021 7:50 PM in response to Halliday

Hi, When I first got the keyboard it worked fine. After about a month it quit working. The contacts are clean. I searched the web, one person having the same problem suggested reseting the iPad. I tried that and the keyboard worked until the first time I closed it. When I reopened it, nothing, keyboard no longer worked. Tried resetting iPad again and only thing that happened was the keyboard lit up for a split second and then was dead again. I've given up the the keyboard and will look for keyboard from another manufacturer.

Dec 1, 2021 7:09 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thanks for the input but this keyboard only worked for the warranty to expire then, after that, only intermittently. Have since got the new iPad Pro 12.9 and it doesn't work at all on it. Don't want to get negative but it seems like Apple's product reliability has been going down hill since the new regime took over after the loss of Steve Jobs. Starting to remind me of why I changed from Microsoft many years ago. Your wife's problem sounds even more strange.

magic keyboard won't connect to iPad Pro 12.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.