Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook Author projects lost...

I used iBook Author in the past and had published two books. Unfortunately, I can't find iBook Author and my projects on my Mac. Is there a way to get my books from the store and use these for example with Pages and work on these again?

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 4:04 AM

7 replies

Nov 25, 2021 6:05 AM in response to Nocki.u.Yogie

Do you have iBooks Author (and your projects) backed up to a TIme Machine drive from which you can restore them? Another backup of your .iba files on different media?

I hope you realize that Pages v10.1 and later are not iBooks Author by another name, and substantial .iba content, depending on what you have done in it, may not map that functionality to Pages when the .iba files are opened in it.

Your published books at the Apple Books store were in either in PDF or EPUB format, and neither can be reverse-engineered to a .iba document format, nor opened by Pages. See the link on this Pages below Related Article.

iBook Author projects lost...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.