Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clicking on Apple and getting a list of numbers

I have a MacBook Air 2020 that I inherited from my daughter. It is running 12.1. If I click on certain items such as the Apple icon in the upper left-hand corner it shows the text items with a number next to each text item. How do I get rid of these numbers? I have also have 2018 MacBook Pro and it doesn’t do this. Is this something specific to the Air?

I have been using Apple computers since iOS 7.1 came out so I am quite familiar with them but this is something new and I haven’t been able to find it by researching it. Every time I put the word number in it comes up with Number from iWorks.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 11:44 AM

Open hard drive -> Applications -> System Preferences or Go menu -> Applications -> System Preferences and adjust the Language -> Region and Accessibility settings to make sense for you.

6 replies

Nov 26, 2021 7:45 AM in response to Cpat6d

Cpat6d wrote:

I have a MacBook Air 2020 that I inherited from my daughter. It is running 12.1. If I click on certain items such as the Apple icon in the upper left-hand corner it shows the text items with a number next to each text item. How do I get rid of these numbers? I have also have 2018 MacBook Pro and it doesn’t do this. Is this something specific to the Air?

I have been using Apple computers since iOS 7.1 came out so I am quite familiar with them but this is something new and I haven’t been able to find it by researching it. Every time I put the word number in it comes up with Number from iWorks.

Any chance this is typo error but Monterey 12.1 is a Beta Version and Monterey Release version is Monterey 12.0.1

Clicking on Apple and getting a list of numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.