Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to activate iPhone 7 in an older IOS

My dad has an A1660 iPhone 7 and he has been using the phone for a few years. Few weeks ago, the phone was black out. After we have reset the phone, the phone is still stuck in the screen of unable to activate, an update is required to active your iPhone. I tried to restore and update the IOS from the PC computer, but It wasn't successful. We're pretty sure the SIM card was working because we swapped the SIM card to a different iPhone with no problem. Does anybody has the same experience? What is your solution?

iPhone 7

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 3:34 PM

8 replies

Dec 3, 2021 5:57 PM in response to LD150

Yes, I visited Apple store and they stated that the carrier module is not working. And then, they asked me to pay $319 + tax for the repair service since it is out of warranty. I found the rod ridiculous. My phone had been working fine prior upgrading to the latest IOS.

In my opinion, this is the problem with the hardware. They had the recall in the past and now they refuse to repair it for free.

https://support.apple.com/iphone-7-no-service

Unable to activate iPhone 7 in an older IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.