Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to pay iCloud with an Apple Gift Card?

I'd like to switch from paying my iCloud+ with 50 GB of Storage for a whopping $0.99 from PayPal to an Apple gift card I have. How do I do that? Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 5:54 PM

Since you have an active subscription, you’re required to have a valid payment method on your account. So you won’t be able

to remove that card.

What you could do, is redeem the apple

gift card to your Apple ID so that you have ‘store credit’.

Heres how apple bills .. it will first take funds from your Apple ID balance (store credit), then the next payment method, then the next, and so on, in they order.

So, you could just add funds to your Apple ID. If you run forget to top it up, it will be charged to the payment method on your account. That’s better than potential data loss.

Add Money to your Apple ID

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208687

Good luck!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2021 5:54 PM in response to Kraven2008

Since you have an active subscription, you’re required to have a valid payment method on your account. So you won’t be able

to remove that card.

What you could do, is redeem the apple

gift card to your Apple ID so that you have ‘store credit’.

Heres how apple bills .. it will first take funds from your Apple ID balance (store credit), then the next payment method, then the next, and so on, in they order.

So, you could just add funds to your Apple ID. If you run forget to top it up, it will be charged to the payment method on your account. That’s better than potential data loss.

Add Money to your Apple ID

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208687

Good luck!

How to pay iCloud with an Apple Gift Card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.