Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple has totally missed the boat again with ID and email

iPad 6. Currently updated. It is November 25, 2021: I have several apps looking for updates. I click on one and it asks me to sign in with my password but it is showing an email I haven’t used for 6 years. I dealt with this a way long time ago. And I am signed into my Apple account on the iPad with the correct email. Duh. So how can I update apps when Apple is totally screwed up by somehow using the old email?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 7:20 PM

Did you change the primary email of your old AppleID (Change your Apple ID - Apple Support), or did you make an entirely new AppleID at some point (How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support)? It sounds like you made a new AppleID at some point.

Apps are always tied to the AppleID used when making the purchase, and they cannot be transferred from one AppleID to another.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2021 7:20 PM in response to cestmoiarc

Did you change the primary email of your old AppleID (Change your Apple ID - Apple Support), or did you make an entirely new AppleID at some point (How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support)? It sounds like you made a new AppleID at some point.

Apps are always tied to the AppleID used when making the purchase, and they cannot be transferred from one AppleID to another.

Apple has totally missed the boat again with ID and email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.