Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SIM Lock

I bought new iphone form canada. But when I start this new phone in India the new iphone is sim lock so can you tell how i am proceed further for this. above I attached 2 photos please review this

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 1:44 AM

It appears that you purchased a carrier locked iPhone 12 Pro from Canada. The device is locked to one of the carriers that are used in Canada (more than likely). You will need to identify this carrier and contact them. Ask that carrier about the requirements to get your iPhone 12 Pro unlocked so that it can be used with other carriers.

You may also contact ➔ Apple Support and ask whether Apple can help identify the carrier that your iPhone is locked to.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 1:44 AM in response to malhar145

It appears that you purchased a carrier locked iPhone 12 Pro from Canada. The device is locked to one of the carriers that are used in Canada (more than likely). You will need to identify this carrier and contact them. Ask that carrier about the requirements to get your iPhone 12 Pro unlocked so that it can be used with other carriers.

You may also contact ➔ Apple Support and ask whether Apple can help identify the carrier that your iPhone is locked to.

Axel F.

Nov 26, 2021 1:39 AM in response to malhar145

SIM locking is the practice of many cellular carriers to force the purchaser to use that carrier's service until the discount price or the purchase price has been paid off. It would seem that the person you purchased this phone from obtained it at a discount price and sold it on to you without telling you.

The only way to remove the SIM lock is to have the person who sold you the phone ask the carrier to which it is locked to have the lock removed. If that person is a customer in good standing with the carrier, the carrier will often unlock it before the debt is paid off. In any case, you do not need to return the phone to Canada to perform the unlocking procedure. Good luck.

iPhone SIM Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.