Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV connecting to Personal Hotspot

Will the Apple TV connect to a personal hotspot? I am using my iPhone 12 on AT&T to create a hotspot. When attempting to connect to the hotspot on my Apple TV, I get a message that says “unable to join network.” It does not even prompt me to type in a password.

I had someone try connecting their phone to my hotspot and it worked.

Is there something else I need to do?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 8:24 AM

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

To Apple TV, a hotspot is a Wi-Fi network just like any other. If it can’t join, then the issue is with that hotspot.

Your mobile provider may object to such use, and act accordingly, but your Apple TV would be unaware of how this new Wi-Fi networks connects further (4G/5G).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 8:24 AM in response to Dillon813

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

To Apple TV, a hotspot is a Wi-Fi network just like any other. If it can’t join, then the issue is with that hotspot.

Your mobile provider may object to such use, and act accordingly, but your Apple TV would be unaware of how this new Wi-Fi networks connects further (4G/5G).

Apple TV connecting to Personal Hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.