Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Tv won't connect to iPhone hotspot

I have tried many tines and different things vut my Apple Tv won't connect to my iPhones own hotspot and I don't have a WiFi in my apartment. So what should I do?

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 6:45 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What is your model iPhone? Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

Verify that you mobile service provider supports hotspot use for streaming devices. They can block that.

For iPhone 12 or later, try the Maximize Compatibility option.

On Apple TV, try the Other option instead of selecting a discovered network, to manually enter credentials.

If you still can’t connect after trying the steps in the support document, then contact Apple for help with your iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2022 6:45 AM in response to AdaSaarinen

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

What is your model iPhone? Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support

Verify that you mobile service provider supports hotspot use for streaming devices. They can block that.

For iPhone 12 or later, try the Maximize Compatibility option.

On Apple TV, try the Other option instead of selecting a discovered network, to manually enter credentials.

If you still can’t connect after trying the steps in the support document, then contact Apple for help with your iPhone.

My Apple Tv won't connect to iPhone hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.