Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Camera Quality

Whenever I am taking photos at night, glare of the lights appear in photos always.

is this a problem with Camera or any other issue??

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 8:00 AM

This is called Lens Flare and is normal. You can angle the camera differently relative to the lights and see the flares move or even disappear. The more capable a camera system is, especially at night, the more you will notice these artifacts. Even $45,000 Medium Format Cameras are not immune.

5 replies

Nov 26, 2021 12:01 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I am not sure about other phones. Please see same photo taken in same angle in my iPhone and Normal phone

iPhone Picture:

My other phone photo:

I don’t think this is a normal issue and I am surprised to know that Apple does not have a solution to avoid this issue in an iPhone. I been using iPhone for past 6 years and did not had any problem like this.

I do agree this can happen once in while because of Camera angles. But not regularly in all photos.

I read that Manufactures such as canon, Nikon and others uses Anti glare lenses to avoid this issue.

May be I will show it to a apple care representative and ask for a solution.

Nov 26, 2021 8:23 AM in response to Ujinsouza

This is normal for cell phone cameras, from Samsung, to Google and so on. It's normal for DSLR cameras from Nikon and Canon. It's normal for very expensive camera systems from Hasselblad. It's normal, period. You can go out to all manners of forums and see user complaints of Lens Flare on Samsung Phones.

The lens flare you see in the photo you showed, was clearly on your iPhone screen before you took the photo. You just didn't notice it until you took the photo and had more time to look at the photo you'd taken. Be aware of lens flare when taking night mode photos and try to re-angle the camera and you'll see the flares move and angled well, disappear.

Nov 26, 2021 12:07 PM in response to Ujinsouza

I'm not going to argue with you here. Lens Flare is normal, whether you'd like to agree or not. There are so many threads on this and photos from Samsung to Google to just about every other high end phone camera system shows Lens Flare.

If you think your phone is defective, feel free to schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar, but they are going to tell you there is nothing wrong with your iPhone.

iPhone 13 Camera Quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.