Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with Iphone during first year warranty and repairment

Hello,

I've been experiencing issues with my iphone's screen for quite some time. I decided to bring it to an authorized Apple service, as it is under first year warranty. (i bought and activated the device about 7-8 months ago) I just received feedback from the service, that indeed there is an issue with the screen so they had to replace the screen and my phone is ready.

My question in place, since it is under first year Apple official warranty, shouldn't they replace my device with a new one, instead of replacing the screen? From previous experiences, I fear trusting services, even the official ones. (they have pretty low rating and bad reviews but no alternative possible for my country)

Many Thanks,

V.

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 8:02 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 26, 2021 8:10 AM in response to vladislav76

No. If the device can be repaired, Apple will repair it. If it couldn't be fixed, they would replace it with a Refurbished (like new, but still refurbished) device.

Case in point. I have $2,000 HP Spectre laptop with a 1TB SSD Drive. My laptop crashed and it's still within its first year warranty. HP is going to replace the SSD drive, not give me a new laptop.

Issues with Iphone during first year warranty and repairment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.