Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay does not send my bank a records as to what payment was for

Is there a preference setting or should I get an email from Apple Pay designating the specifics of the purchase?

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 11:26 AM

By Apple Pay, what do you mean? Apple Cash, Apple Card, some other card?

Specifics are never sent, that's what a receipt is for. Merchant info is sent, a transaction authorization, and an amount.

For Apple Cash, there would be no specifics.

3 replies

Dec 1, 2021 7:09 AM in response to muguy

So, if I understand correctly, as it was implied, to assure what the Apple Pay actually paid for (item, store, etc),... that information would have to be looked up separately on the Apple Pay Statement and would not go to the Bank Card related disbursements noted as debits at our bank Statement? Personally, it make things easier at the payment end (which is appreciated, 'no touch and such') but more confounding/complicated/arduous for tracking and ease of accounting. Is this the industry standard/guideline? Should other considerations be made? Thanks for your understanding and consideration. BCM

Apple Pay does not send my bank a records as to what payment was for

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.