Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is there not a way to block multiple senders at once in Mail?

I often receive >100 spam emails in a day. Please add functionality to select all emails in the Junk folder and block all the spam senders with one right-click. It is totally impractical to go through and block each sender individually. This would be an extremely valuable feature add. Thank you.

This topic is about the Mail app, but there is no ability to select the Mail app in the topics list. FYI.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 12:08 PM

4 replies

Nov 26, 2021 10:52 PM in response to lanny50

Hi Lanny,

You've posted this in the AppleWorks community, where the main topic is issues and techniques involving Apple's long discontinued productivity application AppleWorks.

Definitely not the 'right' location, but practically, a location whose current purpose seems to be seen as a 'junk drawer' in which to place things for which there is no apparent 'correct' location.

You wrote "This topic is about the Mail app, but there is no ability to select the Mail app in the topics list. "

Agreed.

Applications with no named community and which are bundled with the operating system,are generally considered to be 'system software', and should be directed to th community for the version of OS X or macOS installed on your computer.

That said, your "Please add…" request iis not one tht can be handled in this group of user to user communities. Adding capabilities can be handled only by Apple leadership an the development teams for the product to which the request ins directed.

For most Apple applications, Feature enhancement request can be sent via the "Provide 'application' Feedback menu item in the Appplication menu. For Mail, the Feedback forms can be found here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/mail.html

Select Feature request as the feedback type, and make your request.

Aside…

Personally, I'd be hesitant to use the requested feature, considering the number of email messages that don't require that action but do get sent to my Junk folder (without my having written a rule that wound send them there.

Regards,

Barry

Nov 27, 2021 9:40 AM in response to lanny50

You are not going to block anything, but you can manage emails in Apple Mail via custom rules. If you do not want to use SPAMsieve, then you can do this with some custom Mail rules.

Apple provides you the tools to do this, but you have to do the work. I recently posted a solution for handling multiple SPAM messages that originate from the same organization but may appear to come from a variety of sources. The key is to know what Return-Path server that they may have multiple accounts on for each different SPAM campaign. Identify that unique Return-Path server address, or a unique word in that address, and take control.

The caveat is that without taking precautions, you may filter email from a legitimate organization that may have a different account on that same server.

I also have written an AppleScript that when run against a single selected Mail message, presents a dialog showing the From and Return-Path header field contents.

why is there not a way to block multiple senders at once in Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.