Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Not Updating / Working

Hello, I recently got my dad's old iPad (iPad mini 4) after dropping my other iPad, and I was setting up my iPad when I noticed it was at version 9.2.1 . I was setting up the update by connecting my iPad and PC (Windows 7 Ultimate) through a USB cord and updating through iTunes. When I clicked on "Update" on for my iPad on my PC, a notification popped up saying, "To update your iPadOS to 15.1, you need to install the latest version of iTunes." I went to apple.com and searched for the latest version of iTunes and installed it. When I opened iTunes and checked for an update it said, "This version of iTunes (12.10.11) is the current version." The newest version of iTunes is currently 12.12.2.2, so I tried updating from a pop-up saying "Apple Software Update", but It said that my current version of iTunes is up to date. With this problem, I can't update my iPad. My PC is x64 bit.

Please help!

iPad mini 4, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 2:15 PM

Windows 7 cannot update to the latest version of iTunes.

The message that your version of iTunes is the current version is correct (but ambiguous): it's the current version for Windows 7. As you must be aware, Microsoft no longer support Windows 7 and Apple cannot be expected to keep updating their software for an out-of-date operating system written by another company.

That's life I'm afraid.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 2:15 PM in response to Its-D

Windows 7 cannot update to the latest version of iTunes.

The message that your version of iTunes is the current version is correct (but ambiguous): it's the current version for Windows 7. As you must be aware, Microsoft no longer support Windows 7 and Apple cannot be expected to keep updating their software for an out-of-date operating system written by another company.

That's life I'm afraid.

iTunes Not Updating / Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.