Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy/pasting images instead of URL

This is super annoying… and there hasn’t been a helpful answer yet as to why this was changed.

I used to be able to long press an image in a browser and then long press paste to my messages. Simple.

Now it just shows up as a website URL when I long paste, causing me to have to delete the URL string in text field, go back to the browser, save the image (taking up valuable storage space) and then select the image from my saved photos and send it to my contact.

Is there a workaround for this or at the very least an excuse for why it’s such a terrible experience now? Thanks >_>

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 2:13 PM

Shinzou,

Thanks for the additional details.

Can you test if the same thing happens when you use Safari? If it works properly in Safari, it would indicate an update to Chrome is likely what has changed. Any resolution for it not pasting the image properly would need to come from Google.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2021 2:13 PM in response to Shinzou

Shinzou,

Thanks for the additional details.

Can you test if the same thing happens when you use Safari? If it works properly in Safari, it would indicate an update to Chrome is likely what has changed. Any resolution for it not pasting the image properly would need to come from Google.

Take care.

Nov 27, 2021 12:12 PM in response to Shinzou

Hi Shinzou,

We'd like to make sure we're on the same page.

You're attempting to send a photo from your browser to a contact in Messages, however when you copy the photo and paste it to Messages it only shows the URL?

If so, does this happen with any photo you select or one in particular? We ask, as in iOS 15 you can still copy and paste an image in that manner. Also, are you referring to the Apple Messages app or a different third-party app. If it's a third-party app, there may have been some changes on the part of the app developer as to why you're no longer able to do that.

Cheers!

Nov 29, 2021 11:57 AM in response to DerekM87

Hi,

I'm attempting to long press and copy an image from my browser window (Google Chrome) on my phone and then long press paste the image into the text field of a conversation in Messenger. Not a third party app. My device is on iOS 15.0.2.

When I try to take the steps outlined above it fills the text field with the URL of the image instead of the image itself, which it used to.

Copy/pasting images instead of URL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.