Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving pics from email

All of a sudden I can no longer save my pics from gmail. Holding my finger in the pic does not give me the option to save or copy. How do I fix this?

iPad mini 5, iPadOS 16

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 6:28 AM

4 replies

Mar 20, 2023 12:12 PM in response to Judester101

If your iPad isn’t behaving as expected, perform a forced-restart - as this will often clear an isolated software issue:

Force restart iPad (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

1. Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button.
  3. Press and hold the top button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

Force restart iPad (models with the Home button)

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

Mar 20, 2023 1:50 PM in response to Judester101

Hey there Judester101,

If you're unable to tap and hold the photo, try closing the Mail app and restarting your iPad next. This should help with one-off issues like this since you should be able to save photos using this method: Download email attachments in Mail on iPad - Apple Support

If it persists, test to see if you can save photos from other emails or accounts in the Mail app on your device. You'll also want to ensure you have plenty of storage on your iPad and/or iCloud to save the photos. You'll see this in Settings > General > iPad. For iCloud storage, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.

Feel free to provide those details in a reply for additional help.

Take care!

Saving pics from email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.