Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 MagSafe compatibility with magnetic car mount

I have a magnetic car mount from iOttie--the iTap Magnetic 2 Mount, which I previously used for my iPhone 6s. I've been very happy with this car mount. I recently purchased an iPhone 13. I find that the iPhone 13 attaches very securely to the iTap Magnetic 2 Mount, even without affixing a metal plate to the back of the phone's case (which I had to do with the iPhone 6s). I imagine this is due to the iPhone 13 having internal magnets (MagSafe). Question: If I use this mount with my iPhone 13, will it create problems with or interfere in any way with the functioning of the phone?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 12:51 PM

Hey there, Ashwin402!

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities. We want to help with your question.

Adding a magnet to the MagSafe case is not suggested as it could cause interference on your iPhone. Check out the following support article, which provides more information to consider: Magnetic accessories might interfere with iPhone cameras - Apple Support

We also suggest contacting the manufacturer of the car mount that you're using to confirm compatibility with the MagSafe case: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

If you need additional assistance, you can also contact Apple Support here: Get Apple Support

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 12:51 PM in response to Ashwin402

Hey there, Ashwin402!

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities. We want to help with your question.

Adding a magnet to the MagSafe case is not suggested as it could cause interference on your iPhone. Check out the following support article, which provides more information to consider: Magnetic accessories might interfere with iPhone cameras - Apple Support

We also suggest contacting the manufacturer of the car mount that you're using to confirm compatibility with the MagSafe case: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

If you need additional assistance, you can also contact Apple Support here: Get Apple Support

Cheers.

iPhone 13 MagSafe compatibility with magnetic car mount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.