Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13" 2017 version will not allow me to download any new apps, it says I need the new 10.5 update, when I go in to update it, there is not new updates. Cannot download any new updates from Apple Support

I just got a refurbished MacBook Pro 2017 13" version, there are no new updates available. When trying to download any new apps from the App Store it says cannot be installed on "Macintosh HD" because macOS version 10.15 or later is required. What does this mean? How do I install a new update if there aren't any available? I have tried uploading on Apple Support site but once the download is completed it does not allow installation because it is not a recognized site that I downloaded from. Help!! Should I send this computer back??

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 4:41 PM

Hi-EllieHubbard2017-maybe i can help you ? 10.5 would be Lion??? Maybe you are talking about 10.15… you should be able to get it from the App Store… you can get around the ‘not recognized site’ stuff by going to Security and Privacy and click on ‘Allow’. I don’t know what browser you’re using, but with Safari and Firefox, it does have preferences and you can adjust stuff to your liking… including the security level…

hope this helps you a bit

john b

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 4:41 PM in response to EllieHubbard2017

Hi-EllieHubbard2017-maybe i can help you ? 10.5 would be Lion??? Maybe you are talking about 10.15… you should be able to get it from the App Store… you can get around the ‘not recognized site’ stuff by going to Security and Privacy and click on ‘Allow’. I don’t know what browser you’re using, but with Safari and Firefox, it does have preferences and you can adjust stuff to your liking… including the security level…

hope this helps you a bit

john b

MacBook Pro 13" 2017 version will not allow me to download any new apps, it says I need the new 10.5 update, when I go in to update it, there is not new updates. Cannot download any new updates from Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.