Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing (*not* syncing) iTunes library into Music

I'm repeating Chris Meyerhoff's question from August:

Can anyone offer advice on how to import an existing iTunes library (not just the purchased songs, but entire library including songs from CDs and associated playlists) into Apple Music? None of the apple support articles explain how to do this. Apple should have designed automatic import function where I can just point Apple Music to my iTunes library and it does the rest.

My addition: the only reply to this was about syncing. We don't want to sync; we want to import all our songs, playlists, album artwork, play count, ratings, etc. I know I spent quite a lot of time organizing my music how I like it and do not look forward to repeating everything.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 6:30 PM

Be sure to see the last paragraph in the 'macOS 10.15 Catalina and later' section of:

Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community

See also How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support for Apple's approach to this topic.

Similar questions

3 replies

Importing (*not* syncing) iTunes library into Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.