You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom R16 with Logic in Macbook Air 2020 M1 silicon

Hi, I followed all instructions from Zoom, installed the drivers more than once but the USB Audio of my Zoom R16 it is not working! The unit appears in both the System preferences and in Logic but no Audio goes in (or out). In fact, when I tried to playback any app (iTunes) etc. choosing Zoom as sound out not only it does not give any sound but also it stopes the play button! It's just "freezing". In Logic no sound comes in even though I am getting correct layout, graphically: all 8 channels are showing on recording channel, etc... I am by now pretty sure the drivers are causing this despite the fact that Zoom assures it will work on both Big Sur and Apple silicon. Unfortunately, here in Sweden there is no contact with the company while Zoom's site only offers support for USA and Canada! I am stuck. It worked perfectly with my old Macbook Air 2014, with Sierra (and even High Sierra). Note that the MIDI part of the ZOOM works as it should! But not the Audio! I found another post here on this forum with the same issue but couldn't find any answer yet. Thank you anyone in advance! Doru P.S. I just bought Ableton Live 11. It looks like I am having the same issue there so this may not be only some Zoom - Logic compatibility problem...!?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 8:08 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 27, 2021 6:28 PM in response to gary from eaton rapids

Thank you so much for answering! Unfortunately, it make sense! However, I also have an "Apogee one" and another stereo sound card, both working perfectly via my USB-C hub! Interesting, no such info on the Zoom site or somewhere... I will definitely give it a try and hopefully it will work as in your case! Now, my USB hub has, beside 3 USB A (B) inputs (outputs?), another USB-C they say is for charging the laptop! (Plus an HDMI, Ethernet, CD card) I think this is quite standard now. I am not using the hub's USB-C for charging because I red some terrible stories about damaging the computer, so I don't want to take any risks! This mean, I am charging from the other USB-C of the computer and this also means I have only one left for the HUB! I must say that everything else is working great like this, in fact I have one more USB B powered HUB (7 USB, for Hard drives, mouse etc.) that goes in one of the of 3 USB B from the USB-C hub, leaving me 2 left USB B (on the C-hub) for sound cards, especially, and works great! (On my old Macbook Air I always connected my sound cards to one separate USB contact of the laptop and the hub to the other one)p. Fortunately, the old one has the old way of charging also). . So I am always careful with that. Sorry for all this long description so far but because I only have 2 USB -C on my computer (Air M1) and one is used by the power adapter, I will have to find a way to make things work somehow. My question is: do you know if the USB-C (for charging) on the USB-C hub works actually as usual / normal, meaning not ONLY for charging? In this case, could I try to contact my ZOOM with the "printing USB-cable" there? Some other ideas? Thank you in advance and thank you again for answering in the first place! Best regards, Doru

Nov 27, 2021 7:48 PM in response to gary from eaton rapids

Thank you again! Yes, strange stuff. I just red that (some ?) USB-C hub's charging USB -C port is for charging only, not for data. But you're able to use it for hard drives beside charging? Did you try to connect the ZOOM with the printer USB-C to USB -B cable on it? So you're charging your laptop trough the hub with no issues? Anyway, I just ordered on line a printer cable so I will have to do my own testings. Probably a more advanced USB-C hub with its own power adapter may work different. Just like "normal" powered USB-B/A hubs...!? Thank you so much for your time and I will come myself with some update after testings. Best regards!

Zoom R16 with Logic in Macbook Air 2020 M1 silicon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.