Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes shows no music on my device

Hi,

I have 16,48 GB of music on my iphone. Have had the music for years.

I just installed Itunes on my PC, so that I could download the music to Itunes. But Itunes wont list any music on my device.

How do I make Itunes recognize all the music on my iPhone (iPhone 12).

Regards

Andreas

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 9:20 AM

It depends on where the music came from originally.

• If the songs are purchases from the iTunes Store, then you need to sign into your Store account (with the same user ID that you used to purchase the songs) in the new iTunes Library
  • If the songs are from a different iTunes Library, then you cannot simply add them from the iPod into a new (or different) iTunes Library. Instead, you need to import the Library itself from the previous computer, or obtain them from the original source (CD or mp3 retailer etc.)

The only way to get music from the iPod into a different iTunes Library to its original one is to use third-party software. One usually needs to pay for the software.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 9:20 AM in response to Chefbech

It depends on where the music came from originally.

• If the songs are purchases from the iTunes Store, then you need to sign into your Store account (with the same user ID that you used to purchase the songs) in the new iTunes Library
  • If the songs are from a different iTunes Library, then you cannot simply add them from the iPod into a new (or different) iTunes Library. Instead, you need to import the Library itself from the previous computer, or obtain them from the original source (CD or mp3 retailer etc.)

The only way to get music from the iPod into a different iTunes Library to its original one is to use third-party software. One usually needs to pay for the software.

Itunes shows no music on my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.