Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

to add a printer my Mac Pro wants me to Update the OS X version to 10.13 or greater.

I purchase a new printer to add this printer i need to add an updated OS X version to 10.13 or greater. My Mac book pro was purchased in 2014.

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 7:45 AM

I just purchased a hp model ENVY 6455e. To add this printer i need to load HP Smart Software, called 123.hp.com. I am unable unless I update the OS X version to 10.13 or greater on my MacBook Pro. Purchased in 2014, I currently have OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.

6 replies

Nov 28, 2021 7:51 AM in response to csaign

Any Mac bought new in 2014 can run a higher macOS verrsion than 10.10. However, instead of telling us a purchase date, please tell us the SUB-MODEL That determines your system upgrade path, not when you bought, and is quickly available by doing "About this Mac..."

In the example, "13-inch, Mid 2012" it that computer's sub-model. Please tell us your sub-model.

to add a printer my Mac Pro wants me to Update the OS X version to 10.13 or greater.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.