Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logitech keyboard

Hi

I have a mac mini late 2012 with osx el capitan 10.11.6 and I am using a logitech MK270 keyboard

I was on a site and my cat lay on the keyboard and the page I was on has lost the main text and pics but the menu bar and the menu at the bottom of the page is still there.

certain pages on the site work but most don't, the peripheral info is there but no main content

I have tried logging in from both my iphone 5 and my fire tablet and both of them are working fine and showing all the pages.

I contacted logitech and they said it must a problem outwith the keyboard but I dont know how to correct this.

I have no extensions or plug ins and I have not touched any settings

Help for a novice welcome please

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 5:24 PM

Reboot your Mac and see if the problem is cleared.

If rebooting your Mac doesn’t fix things, see if the problem still happens in Safe mode (hold the shift key down at startup). It can take much longer to safe boot (10 min) so be patient. You may need a wired USB keyboard for this.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support 

Safe mode disables loading third-party drivers, forces the OS to clear certain caches and logs and does other miscellaneous housekeeping. It's non-destructive to user data so is safe to do. Very often certain weird software behavior is corrected by simply logging in this way as a troubleshooting method. When you're in safe boot, the machine will not be at its best performance, especially with graphics, but that's expected.

Does the problem persist while in Safe mode?

Exit safe mode by restarting your Mac normally and re-evaluate the issue again.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 5:24 PM in response to H9_Danny

Reboot your Mac and see if the problem is cleared.

If rebooting your Mac doesn’t fix things, see if the problem still happens in Safe mode (hold the shift key down at startup). It can take much longer to safe boot (10 min) so be patient. You may need a wired USB keyboard for this.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support 

Safe mode disables loading third-party drivers, forces the OS to clear certain caches and logs and does other miscellaneous housekeeping. It's non-destructive to user data so is safe to do. Very often certain weird software behavior is corrected by simply logging in this way as a troubleshooting method. When you're in safe boot, the machine will not be at its best performance, especially with graphics, but that's expected.

Does the problem persist while in Safe mode?

Exit safe mode by restarting your Mac normally and re-evaluate the issue again.

Nov 28, 2021 6:07 PM in response to H9_Danny

Two independent devices having trouble with websites indicate that you may have a problem with the internet connection.

You can try resetting your internet modem/router.

• Shut down any devices that connect to the router; your Mac, tablet, iPhone and printer (?).

• Turn the router off and disconnect the internet coax cable (the one that connects the router to your internet provider). Wait 30 seconds and then reconnect the coax cable and turn the router back on. Wait until the status lights that indicate service connection or link have calmed - usually a minute or two.

• Reboot your computer and ensure that it reconnects to the router and internet.

• Reboot your tablet your iPhone and printer and check their connections to the router and computer.

• Reevaluate your Mac's connection to the problem websites.

logitech keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.