Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Activate my new iPhone?

Just bought a iPhone 11 Pro Max from somebody but I can't get past the screen telling me an update is required to activate my iPhone. Can somebody please tell me what I must do in order to activate my new phone? Thank you in advance..

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 10:47 PM

haamwood Said:

"Unable to Activate my new iPhone? Im unable to get into my settings or anything else I have. O options to do anything I’m unable to get into my phone at all. My only option given is to shut down

———-

Thank you for the follow up.

Use a Computer and Ethernet:

Start with attempting an update through use of a computer. If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet.  See my User Tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple. If you get the same error, the model is likely just not compatible.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 10:47 PM in response to haamwood

haamwood Said:

"Unable to Activate my new iPhone? Im unable to get into my settings or anything else I have. O options to do anything I’m unable to get into my phone at all. My only option given is to shut down

———-

Thank you for the follow up.

Use a Computer and Ethernet:

Start with attempting an update through use of a computer. If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet.  See my User Tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple. If you get the same error, the model is likely just not compatible.

Unable to Activate my new iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.