Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iphone set up

what must I do when I try to activate my new iPhone but it keeps saying "An update is required to activate your iPhone"?

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 7:39 AM

If this is the iPhone itself, try using a computer to activate it: If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

That might then encounter this: If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the iPhone still won’t connect to the computer, check for an iTunes update or a macOS update for the computer and apply what is available, and restart the computer, and try again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2021 7:39 AM in response to asteria123

If this is the iPhone itself, try using a computer to activate it: If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

That might then encounter this: If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the iPhone still won’t connect to the computer, check for an iTunes update or a macOS update for the computer and apply what is available, and restart the computer, and try again.

new iphone set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.