Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages documents have disappeared

Does anyone k now how to retrieve my Pages documents. Anything I've worked on in the last two months has disappeared - not 'on my Mac', not 'in my iCloud' not 'in my trash' - just disappeared. Any help would be gratefully received

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 6:34 AM

In the Finder, select View menu > Show Path Bar. In Finder Preferences > Advanced panel, set:

When performing a search: [ Search the Current Folder ↕︎ ]

Pages remembers where a document was last saved, and subsequent documents will by default, save in that same location until you change that location in the Save panel. Have you considered the File menu > Open Recent > menu? Are the files on that sub-menu accessible? The deletion of a file does not remove it from that sub-menu on that occasion.

If you have selected System Preferences > Spotlight > Spotlight Results > Documents, and Spotlight has indexed your startup drive, then you should be able to find any Pages document on that drive (and iCloud Drive) via the search field in a Finder window. The following will find every Pages document created since Aug 1 (if they remain):

kind:pages created:>=08/01/2021

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 6:34 AM in response to Gillhooley

In the Finder, select View menu > Show Path Bar. In Finder Preferences > Advanced panel, set:

When performing a search: [ Search the Current Folder ↕︎ ]

Pages remembers where a document was last saved, and subsequent documents will by default, save in that same location until you change that location in the Save panel. Have you considered the File menu > Open Recent > menu? Are the files on that sub-menu accessible? The deletion of a file does not remove it from that sub-menu on that occasion.

If you have selected System Preferences > Spotlight > Spotlight Results > Documents, and Spotlight has indexed your startup drive, then you should be able to find any Pages document on that drive (and iCloud Drive) via the search field in a Finder window. The following will find every Pages document created since Aug 1 (if they remain):

kind:pages created:>=08/01/2021

Pages documents have disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.