Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact card not available for FaceTime with one contact

I am always on facetime with this contact number , one day it stopped working and it says the number in my contact card is not available for facetime.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 4:41 AM

Hello,

I saw ppl having a problem with FaceTiming one person. That’s what happened to me. I used to be able to FaceTime my mom using her phone number and email. Last 2 days when I try to FaceTime her I get a message that her phone number and email are not in the contact card and not available fir FaceTime. She can still FaceTime me though. Both phones are updated. I can also FaceTime my mom from other phones and ppl can FaceTime me and I can FaceTime others. It’s only a one-way issue with my mom and I. We both checked all the settings and all looks good. I removed her contact and created a new one, it didn’t help. What else I can do?

thank you in advance

Nina

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2022 4:41 AM in response to ColleenD1

Hello,

I saw ppl having a problem with FaceTiming one person. That’s what happened to me. I used to be able to FaceTime my mom using her phone number and email. Last 2 days when I try to FaceTime her I get a message that her phone number and email are not in the contact card and not available fir FaceTime. She can still FaceTime me though. Both phones are updated. I can also FaceTime my mom from other phones and ppl can FaceTime me and I can FaceTime others. It’s only a one-way issue with my mom and I. We both checked all the settings and all looks good. I removed her contact and created a new one, it didn’t help. What else I can do?

thank you in advance

Nina

Nov 29, 2021 8:26 AM in response to samara97

Hi samara97,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with connecting to a contact over FaceTime. We'd like to help.

Is this contact able to receive FaceTime calls from other people? Can they make outgoing FaceTime calls? If they can, what happens when they try to call you? Have you removed and readded their contact to see if that helps? Knowing these answers can help pinpoint where the issue is coming from.

Let us know and we'll continue to help!

Jan 14, 2022 10:20 PM in response to ColleenD1

I have Samara’s same problem. I am able to call everyone else’s Facetime, but they can’t call me. The message that appear for those who try to call me is that my number “in the contact card is not available”

I have checked all the settings on my Facetime and everything is fine, including location, apple id, phone nUmber, cellular data, etc. Here is a screenshot of my Facetime settings.

Can you please help me?

thank you

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Jan 15, 2022 6:07 AM in response to Maumau2000

It was driving me crazy for 3 days I couldn’t find a reason. I spoke with Apple reps and even though they were very knowledgable, patient and supportive, they couldn’t solve the problem. I got scheduled another call with them bc they said it might had been the delta version of the iOS that for some reason I had on my phone… anyways I kept trying over and over the same things. Restarting my phone, removing the contact that I couldn’t connect with and reentering it… nothing worked. What I had never done was going to the FaceTime app and removing all the links. Just clearing the app. When I finally did it, the priblem disappeared. Not sure if that was a coincident but… worth trying!

Mar 11, 2022 8:56 PM in response to samara97

I was having this problem as well with my son’s contact. After lots of trial & error. What worked for me was I used his phone and I went to <Settings<FaceTime <iMessage and FaceTime reachable by phone# & email. Only his email was checked so I checked his phone # too. YAY IT WORKED! Be sure to check both. I hope this work for everyone like it worked for me.

Good luck

Mar 4, 2022 12:30 PM in response to samara97

I'm on iPhone with 15.3.1. This fixed this issue for me today - choosing Settings / Contacts / Display Order and then switching from firstname surname to ‘last name, first name’.

Absurd but it worked for me & I’ve tried every other thing I’ve read online: turning on/off phone, cellular, FaceTime, iCloud; deleting contacts & building contact from scratch. None worked. But after forcing a re-order of the contacts display order, the FaceTime field reappeared on my boyfriend’s Contact card & I was able to FaceTime video call him thank god.

Sharing in the hope this also solves this headache for another. Am reporting separately to Apple as this issue needs to be resolved permanently.

Contact card not available for FaceTime with one contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.