Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer appears to be frozen. Hard start does not change that. Is there a key stroke to fix this

My iMac appears to be frozen and a hard start does not effect that. Is there a key stroke that may work?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 8:26 AM

You can try holding down the power button on the back of the computer for about 15 seconds. If it will not boot up, please try all the steps in If your Mac doesn't start up all the way and if those fail, it is time to make an appointment at your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to have it professionally diagnosed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 8:26 AM in response to mnm1982

You can try holding down the power button on the back of the computer for about 15 seconds. If it will not boot up, please try all the steps in If your Mac doesn't start up all the way and if those fail, it is time to make an appointment at your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to have it professionally diagnosed.

My computer appears to be frozen. Hard start does not change that. Is there a key stroke to fix this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.