Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing of photo library on iCloud?

While my husband and I each have our own iCloud accounts (which are joined together as a “family” to share iCloud storage space, subscriptions, etc via Apple

One), we would like for our photos to go to a single iCloud photos library. For now, I manually import all his photos to my iCloud library on my Mac, but I would like for the iCloud on BOTH our devices to be linked to my Photos library on iCloud so I can stop the manual merging on my computer. Basically, it would be nice to be given the option that if you’re already linked as a family, to have to option to upload your photos to another family members’ iCloud photos.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 11:20 AM

The closest option to that currently available is the shared album. See the following from Family Sharing - Apple

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added. 

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. You may want to also post the suggestion to Feedback - iCloud - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 11:20 AM in response to carelour

The closest option to that currently available is the shared album. See the following from Family Sharing - Apple

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added. 

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. You may want to also post the suggestion to Feedback - iCloud - Apple

Family sharing of photo library on iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.