Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos don't show up to import to computer

When I plug my phone in to my computer, the majority of my photos on it do not show up to import. My daughter is 3 month's old and I'm worried that I will lose special memories because this keeps happening. Any clue what to do or why this might be happening? Thanks!

iPhone XS

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 11:27 PM

Is iCloud Photos enabled on the iPhone? With iCloud Photos enabled and "Optimise Storage", the photos may not be showing in the Import panel, as the photos may not have been downloaded to the iPhone.

View the newer photos enlarged on the iPhone to force a download from iCloud, if iCloud Photos has become enabled.

Then try again, if Photos or Image Capture can see them.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 11:27 PM in response to MommaToAdeline

Is iCloud Photos enabled on the iPhone? With iCloud Photos enabled and "Optimise Storage", the photos may not be showing in the Import panel, as the photos may not have been downloaded to the iPhone.

View the newer photos enlarged on the iPhone to force a download from iCloud, if iCloud Photos has become enabled.

Then try again, if Photos or Image Capture can see them.

Photos don't show up to import to computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.