Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a solution to this problem with the keyboard bar in the corner of the screen?

I use a Bluetooth keyboard with my first generation iPad Pro. Been using it for years without issue until iPadOS 15. Now I’m encountering an issue where, when using certain apps like Reddit or Discord, the new little bar that pops up in the lower right corner of the screen obscures the “send” button. Now, on Discord, this normally is a non-issue, as I can just press the “enter” key and send my message, but that doesn’t work when writing a Reddit post or comment. Attempting to move the bar to the opposite corner catapults the message box off the screen on both of these apps.

This might be an issue with the apps themselves rather than iPadOS 15 per se, but it’d be nice to have the default position of this little widget be reconfigurable in settings – and probably have an option for it to be relocated to somewhere at the top of the screen rather than the bottom.

This is the bar on Reddit, so everyone knows what I’m talking about:

And the same bar on Discord:

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 3:49 PM

The icon at bottom right of the screen allows you to easily expose the on-screen keyboard for input of special characters that cannot be accessed from the physical keyboard (e.g. emoji) - and access voice controls.

The icons cannot be relocated, butbe disabled from iPad settings:

Settings > General > Keyboard > [All Keyboards] Shortcuts - set to OFF

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 3:49 PM in response to Akamia

The icon at bottom right of the screen allows you to easily expose the on-screen keyboard for input of special characters that cannot be accessed from the physical keyboard (e.g. emoji) - and access voice controls.

The icons cannot be relocated, butbe disabled from iPad settings:

Settings > General > Keyboard > [All Keyboards] Shortcuts - set to OFF

Is there a solution to this problem with the keyboard bar in the corner of the screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.