Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications Silenced with Focus Off

I’ve been told by a few family members that they see the message saying my notifications are silenced. I’ve deleted every focus except Do Not Disturb (because deleting it isn’t an option) and it is turned off. Resetting also did not help.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2021 5:39 AM

OK. Riddle me this. I have been getting the message that my wife has "notifications silenced" when we have gone to great pains to make sure she doesn't. We turned off EVERYTHING POSSIBLE associated with Apple's unfortunate Focus "feature". Nothing helped. So, on a whim, I signed out of iCloud on my iPhone and 12.9 iPad and, EUREKA, I didn't get that "has notifications silenced anymore". My smaller iPad Pro still gets them, but I didn't sign out of iCloud on it yet.

Could it be that the problem is on the receiving end? Will it come back? Time will tell. Please let me know if this works for you.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2021 5:39 AM in response to notjustaboulder

OK. Riddle me this. I have been getting the message that my wife has "notifications silenced" when we have gone to great pains to make sure she doesn't. We turned off EVERYTHING POSSIBLE associated with Apple's unfortunate Focus "feature". Nothing helped. So, on a whim, I signed out of iCloud on my iPhone and 12.9 iPad and, EUREKA, I didn't get that "has notifications silenced anymore". My smaller iPad Pro still gets them, but I didn't sign out of iCloud on it yet.

Could it be that the problem is on the receiving end? Will it come back? Time will tell. Please let me know if this works for you.

Jan 18, 2022 3:39 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I’ve got same thing. Had focus driving on and scheduled DND. Worked fine for months. Then I heard from family that they see my notifications are silenced when I’m sitting at home during the day

I tuned off driving focus. It turned itself back in. Happened a second time. Restarted phone after second attempt and it stayed off.

but family showed me the us still see the note that I’ve silenced notifications.

turn off DND schedule. Restarted. No improvement.

disabled it and restarted. That took it off.

family showed me they continue to get the notification. Odd thing is that earlier I’d not get the messages but somewhere in this work it started working. I’d get messages and calls with sound whether I had the phone locked or unlocked. Yet they get the message I’ve silenced notifications.

Restarting my wife’s phone doesn’t help.

problem persists

Jan 22, 2022 4:03 PM in response to Rainy_day_retired

I have done absolutely everything you have. Have disabled everything. I have several friends and family member that are upset bc they think I am avoiding them or have specifically selected their contact for "do not disturb". My "Do not disturb" is not on and my focus is disabled. I even returned on all of my focus and the message has persisted. I am so frustrated and have spent 5 hours in the past 3 days working on this :/

Notifications Silenced with Focus Off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.