Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac book air

Why is my Mac book air showing random cracked screen, with complete black screen?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 9:30 PM

kevens0702 Said:

"Mac book air: Why is my Mac book air showing random cracked screen, with complete black screen?"

-------

Your Screen is Failing:

It seems your screen is failing. So take this in for service, ASAP.

To Get this MacBook Pro Serviced...

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area. Be careful as to where you get this item, ask you may get an error of an unofficial screen. So, to avoid this continual message, it is best to have Apple replace a screen.

Contact Apple:

Or...

Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 9:30 PM in response to kevens0702

kevens0702 Said:

"Mac book air: Why is my Mac book air showing random cracked screen, with complete black screen?"

-------

Your Screen is Failing:

It seems your screen is failing. So take this in for service, ASAP.

To Get this MacBook Pro Serviced...

Contact Apple, and setup a Genius Bar Appointment or see an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area. Be careful as to where you get this item, ask you may get an error of an unofficial screen. So, to avoid this continual message, it is best to have Apple replace a screen.

Contact Apple:

Or...

Contact an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Mac book air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.