Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers: Keep an object in the same row when sorting a column

Hi

Is it possible to sort the table by column 'A' and keep the object (circle) and the 'x' in row c?

When I sort by column 'A' (descending) I get this result:

But I would like to keep the object (circle) in row 'c' like shown in the example here:

Best regards

Jan

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 11:03 AM

One way might be to create two shapes something like this:

(In the menu, Insert > Shape > Rectangle, and Insert > Shape > Oval, then format)

Then drag the circle over the square, select both objects and in the menu choose Arrange > Group, giving something like this

Then select the grouped object, type command-c to copy, click twice in a target cell, and type command-v to paste into the background of that cell.

SG

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 11:03 AM in response to Jan__Denmark

One way might be to create two shapes something like this:

(In the menu, Insert > Shape > Rectangle, and Insert > Shape > Oval, then format)

Then drag the circle over the square, select both objects and in the menu choose Arrange > Group, giving something like this

Then select the grouped object, type command-c to copy, click twice in a target cell, and type command-v to paste into the background of that cell.

SG

Dec 1, 2021 10:47 AM in response to SGIII

Hi SG

Thanks for your answer! It almost got me where I wanted, but unfortunately not all the way.

Previously I forgot to add, that I want the cell to have a certain color. So I want to get from Step 1 to Step 2 (see below). When I follow your suggestion, the orange color 'disappears' and the color of the cell turns white.

Do you have another idea to solve the problem?

/Jan

Numbers: Keep an object in the same row when sorting a column

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.