Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot Password

I have an apple XR. My hotspot password is always changing on me without notice. Is this a security issue or a software issue? I can change it and it will immediately change again. Any help is apperciated. Thanks.

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 7:17 AM

You can take a look at this support document, If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support however I do not see anything about auto changes to the Hotspot passcode. I very rarely use mine, so I couldn't be sure if the passcode has ever changed. Do you have a work account on this iPhone, or is it owned/managed by your work? I'm not sure if that can be managed by an MDM or profile, but it would make sense. Check Settings>Screen Time>Restrictions and see if you have any Restrictions turned on that might prevent you changing the hotspot password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2021 7:17 AM in response to Curt-1

You can take a look at this support document, If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) - Apple Support however I do not see anything about auto changes to the Hotspot passcode. I very rarely use mine, so I couldn't be sure if the passcode has ever changed. Do you have a work account on this iPhone, or is it owned/managed by your work? I'm not sure if that can be managed by an MDM or profile, but it would make sense. Check Settings>Screen Time>Restrictions and see if you have any Restrictions turned on that might prevent you changing the hotspot password.

Hotspot Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.