Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change Hotspot password to my own?

I wanted to change the password to my own but every time I go back to the menu it randomly gives me a new password.

I've been using hotspot for several years and this is the first time I've had this problem, is this some new apple update?

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1aQse7Vq78

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 8:31 AM

What troubleshooting have you tried? How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support I have an iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.5 and just tested changing the password and it worked fine. I would try power cycling the iPhone. If that does not help, then try a force restart. Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2022 8:31 AM in response to modInfo

What troubleshooting have you tried? How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support I have an iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.5 and just tested changing the password and it worked fine. I would try power cycling the iPhone. If that does not help, then try a force restart. Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

How to change Hotspot password to my own?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.