Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have no picture in my health app. i need it to set up a medical id in the health app. any ideas? thanks.

i have no picture in my health app. i need it to set up a medical id in the health app. any ideas? thanks.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 7:24 AM

Alright, if you go to Settings, then tap on your Apple ID, then go to Name, Phone Numbers, Email, is information filled in there, including your Birthday?

If you go to Settings>Health, what do you see under Medial Details? Do you see Medical ID listed there? Does it give you the choice to create it?

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 7:24 AM in response to Mrnib

Alright, if you go to Settings, then tap on your Apple ID, then go to Name, Phone Numbers, Email, is information filled in there, including your Birthday?

If you go to Settings>Health, what do you see under Medial Details? Do you see Medical ID listed there? Does it give you the choice to create it?

Nov 29, 2021 3:36 PM in response to Mrnib

Do you see anything under your icon? Do you see the word Edit? Are you looking at the support document that is listed as the Related Article above? If not, click on it here to open it. Set up your Medical ID in the Health app on your iPhone - Apple Support Once you tap on your icon in the upper right there on the Summary Page, another page should appear, with your Name, then a listing of different things and Medical ID should be listed there. Then you can tap on that and fill it out.

Dec 21, 2021 1:08 PM in response to jackgwilson

Not all cards can be added to your Wallet, and currently there are only a couple of states in the US that are supporting putting your drivers license into Wallet, but even they haven't started yet. You will have to watch for that. For now, you can take a photo of your Health Card and save it in Photos or Notes. Also, your healthcare provider should be able to tell you if your card is acceptable in Wallet. See this. Add, use, and share boarding passes, tickets, and other passes in Apple Wallet - Apple Support Also this, If you can't add cards to Wallet to use with Apple Pay - Apple Support

Nov 29, 2021 7:10 AM in response to Mrnib

Did you try following the steps in the Related Article that you came to the forum with? What is happening when you attempt to create your Medical ID? When you say you don't have a picture, I'm guessing that you have not set a photo on your device for your Apple ID. That doesn't matter, you should see an icon in the upper right corner of the screen, tap on that. It should take you to the location to begin setting up your Medical ID.

Nov 30, 2021 3:23 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi. I am on the summary page and there there is nothing under the icon. Nothing happens when I click on the icon which contains my initials. When I click on Edit, it offers me the ability to edit existing data or all data. No mention of Medical I.D. in the data. I read the article. Any other ideas? thanks so much for your help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.