Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Predictive text missing for just one non Apple application

I am running a 3rd party application, for which predictive text worked fine for the last year. However, for this app (which I have also deleted and re-installed), no longer shows the predictive information when the keyboard is active. I seem to remember that I inadvertently might have "swiped it away" when entering data one day (although I am not 100% sure), but regardless, I cannot get it to re-appear permanently for this app. I should note that I can get it to temporarily appear by holding my finger on the letter I would like to have it use for the predictive function, but then it immediately disappears once a choice is made, never to re-appear. Any thoughts?

iPhone XS

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 8:37 AM

Hi there jamesborr,

We understand you're not seeing predictive text in one third-party app on your iPhone.

While the title doesn't mention this issue, these steps may help resolve it: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

If the issue persists only with this app, reach out to the app developer: How to contact an app developer

Regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 8:37 AM in response to jamesborr

Hi there jamesborr,

We understand you're not seeing predictive text in one third-party app on your iPhone.

While the title doesn't mention this issue, these steps may help resolve it: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

If the issue persists only with this app, reach out to the app developer: How to contact an app developer

Regards.

Predictive text missing for just one non Apple application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.