Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can no longer update Safari, what now

I'm losing the ability to load websites on my Mac. I have Safari - the latest edition - but have just learned it's no longer supported. What do I do now?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 8:49 AM

Safari is part of the MacOS. Keep your Mac up to date and Safari will be too.

The current MacOS is 12.x. You're running (according to the footnote) software that is at least 6 generations old. You may wish to see if newer software is available to you for your device (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683).

5 replies

Nov 29, 2021 9:24 AM in response to N0v2021

Hi N0v2021,

Exactly how are you "losing the ability to load websites" since you have the "latest edition" of Safari?

"have just learned it's no longer supported." - What is it's?

Given your inclusion of "OS X 10.11" in the signature, are you saying that you cannot upgrade your OS beyond that point, and cannot upgrade Safari beyond what comes with that?

Nov 29, 2021 1:03 PM in response to TrafGib

Well, APPLE says it's the latest edition and that it is the "latest edition" of Safari; however, bank websites (and several others) that I've used for years now will not load past the first login page and state that my browser is out of date and to update it. Other shopping sites (i.e. Walmart, Sprouts, and several others) now start to "load" then I have a white (blank) screen that will not refresh to anything but an empty screen - and the address is correct in the website/search/landing bar. Not sure else how to explain. I have Version 11.1.2 (11605.3.8.1) Safari on my MAC laptop. I have some of the same issues on my phone as well.

can no longer update Safari, what now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.