Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I pair a 60w MagSafe 2 MacBook Pro extension cable with a 96w USB-C power adaptor?

I'm tight on space and plugging the new 2021 MacBook Pro 96w adaptor directly into a plug socket is going to cause me problems.

Is it safe to pair a (2014) 60w MagSafe 2 MacBook Pro extension cable with a (2021) 96w USB-C power adaptor? If so, would there be any negative/adverse effects as a result of doing so? More concerned about long term damage to the MacBook Pro battery than things like charging speed.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 9:31 AM

Sapporo1 wrote:

I'm tight on space and plugging the new 2021 MacBook Pro 96w adaptor directly into a plug socket is going to cause me problems.

Is it safe to pair a (2014) 60w MagSafe 2 MacBook Pro extension cable with a (2021) 96w USB-C power adaptor? If so, would there be any negative/adverse effects as a result of doing so? More concerned about long term damage to the MacBook Pro battery than things like charging speed.

Thanks.

The 3 prong extension cord is universal.

Power Adapter Extension Cable - Apple

International Travel kit:

Apple World Travel Adapter Kit

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2021 9:31 AM in response to Sapporo1

Sapporo1 wrote:

Thanks.

The 3 prong extension cord is universal.

Power Adapter Extension Cable - Apple

International Travel kit:

Apple World Travel Adapter Kit

Can I pair a 60w MagSafe 2 MacBook Pro extension cable with a 96w USB-C power adaptor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.