Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power Adapter Extension Cable for 140 watt charger for 2021 Macbook Pro

Will there be a power adapter extension cable with a duckhead rated at 7A to use with the 140 watt charger?

The label on box for the power adapter extension cable says it is "Compatible with MagSafe 2 power adapters and 10W, 12W, 29W, 61W, and 87W USB power adapters." This differs what it says on the website regarding the power adapter extension. As a customer, I am inclined to follow what it says on the box label, plus the duckheads are rated differently - 2.5A for the Magsafe 2(same as the power adapter extension cable) and 7A for the 140 watt charger and its duckhead(model A1555)

Thank you for your consideration of this feedback. I appreciate it.

Aloha, kenison

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 10:21 AM

worldtruth wrote:

Will there be a power adapter extension cable with a duckhead rated at 7A to use with the 140 watt charger?
The label on box for the power adapter extension cable says it is "Compatible with MagSafe 2 power adapters and 10W, 12W, 29W, 61W, and 87W USB power adapters." This differs what it says on the website regarding the power adapter extension. As a customer, I am inclined to follow what it says on the box label, plus the duckheads are rated differently - 2.5A for the Magsafe 2(same as the power adapter extension cable) and 7A for the 140 watt charger and its duckhead(model A1555)
Aloha, kenison

The 3-prong grounded extension cable is interchangeable.

Power Adapter Extension Cable - Apple

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 10:21 AM in response to worldtruth

worldtruth wrote:

Aloha, kenison

The 3-prong grounded extension cable is interchangeable.

Power Adapter Extension Cable - Apple

Jan 11, 2022 5:29 PM in response to worldtruth

worldtruth wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I appreciated it. Yes, I totally agree, the duckhead from the 3-prong extension cable fits the 140 Watt charger. What is concerning and where I have a question is the box label does not list the MagSafe3 charger 140 Watt as compatible and also the amperage ratings for the duckheads are different - 2.5A vs 7.0A.

right.

It is an extension cord—they are universal.

Power Adapter Extension Cable for 140 watt charger for 2021 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.