Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13" Macbook Pro 2015 and 13.6" Macbook Air M2 charger compatibility

Hi, I have two laptops:

13" Macbook Pro early 2015 which comes with this charger: 60W MagSafe Power Adapter with MagSafe 2 style connector

13.6" Macbook Air M2 which comes with this charger: 67W USB-C Power Adapter and USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable.

I have some questions:

1. Can I charge my Macbook Pro with the Macbook Air charger using a USB-C to MagSafe 2 Cable?
  2. The Macbook Pro came with an extension cable that plugs in the Power Adapter and extends the power cable. Can I use that extension cable on the Macbook Air charger?

Thanks a lot! :)

MacBook Air, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 6:01 PM

1. MagSafe-2 computers do not come with a MagSafe-2 to USB cable. What you need to be sure of is that you are proving near the required power to charge and run your Mac.
  2. the AC extension cord is compatible with every power adapter it fits on.
3 replies

Jan 12, 2023 3:50 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

@Grant Bennet-Alder, thanks a lot for your replies! It's great that the extension cord works, I'll give it a go :)

Regarding the MagSafe-2, yeah, I know that there weren't any USB-C-to-MagSafe2 cables at that time (I think USB-C didn't even exist!), but I saw that there are now, so I was wondering if I could use the same Power Adapter by switching the cables. My concern is your second reply. To be honest I don't know much about electricity so if it's risky I'd try to avoid it.

Thanks in advance :)

13" Macbook Pro 2015 and 13.6" Macbook Air M2 charger compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.