Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After I upgrade my family iCloud storage plan, how can my family transfer their existing data from personal storage to the shared one

I have recently upgrade my iCloud storage to 2TB. My plan is to have all my family members to share it.

but first, they need to transfer item from their personal iCloud store to the shared on.

how can I do that?

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 1:33 PM

They don't need to transfer anything anywhere.

Once you invite them to use the shared storage, their data will seamlessly start using the new shared storage. If they have the free 5GB option it will automatically move them to the shared storage once they accept the invitation.

For those using paid storage of their own, do not have them cancel their current storage as that will delete anything that exceeds 5GB from their account.

They simply need to accept the invitation and if they are paying for storage themselves choose to use the shared storage instead. At that point their own subscription will be cancelled. Do not manually downgrade.

See here: link-> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2021 1:33 PM in response to trieu81

They don't need to transfer anything anywhere.

Once you invite them to use the shared storage, their data will seamlessly start using the new shared storage. If they have the free 5GB option it will automatically move them to the shared storage once they accept the invitation.

For those using paid storage of their own, do not have them cancel their current storage as that will delete anything that exceeds 5GB from their account.

They simply need to accept the invitation and if they are paying for storage themselves choose to use the shared storage instead. At that point their own subscription will be cancelled. Do not manually downgrade.

See here: link-> Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

After I upgrade my family iCloud storage plan, how can my family transfer their existing data from personal storage to the shared one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.