Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a new iphone 11 and need to cancel my subscription on my SE5 for extra storage. I do not need it on the new phone

I got a new iphone 11 and need to cancel my subscription on my SE5 for extra storage. I do not need it on my new phone 11.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 5:12 PM

Your SE extra storage is iCloud storage which has nothing to do with the physical storage on the phone. Often times when you purchase a phone with more physical storage, you need more iCloud storage because your backups will most likely be larger and if you use iCloud Photos, that can take up more space.

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

If you want to downgrade your iCloud storage, see this.

Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2021 5:12 PM in response to jstokesboyd

Your SE extra storage is iCloud storage which has nothing to do with the physical storage on the phone. Often times when you purchase a phone with more physical storage, you need more iCloud storage because your backups will most likely be larger and if you use iCloud Photos, that can take up more space.

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

If you want to downgrade your iCloud storage, see this.

Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

Dec 7, 2021 6:10 PM in response to Rosie56dentaire

This is a user to user forum. We cannot cancel anything for you.

Follow the steps in the link provided by Demo above to find and cancel your subscriptions yourself.

Here it is again for your convenience: link-> Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

For other subscriptions, follow the steps here: link-> How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

I got a new iphone 11 and need to cancel my subscription on my SE5 for extra storage. I do not need it on the new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.