Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2021 14" - Restarted Because of a Problem

I bought my MacBook Pro 14" two weeks ago. From the start I had issues with the trackpad and a week into owning the MacBook Pro the in-store Apple Store support said to reload the Monterey OS onto an empty SSD (i.e. erase my MacBook and do a clean install). I did that as I could see maybe the MacBook was shipped with a bad copy of Monetary. Right after I did the clean install my MacBook Pro shuts down and restarts with the message: Your Computer Was Restarted Because of a Problem. I didn't think much about it and moved on. Today two weeks now into owning this MacBook Pro 14', it has been a constant rebooting fest and same error message. Sometimes when I try to send the error to Apple, my MacBook will reboot. Done. I erase the SSD and reinstall Monetary OS. Works for about 20 minutes and boom, reboots. Your Computer Was Restarted Because of a Problem. What the what?!?!

Has anyone else seen or experienced this issue on the new M1 Pro MacBook Pro 14" running Monterey OS 12.0.1?

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 11:50 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Please see: If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support.

It may also help to Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support.

If the issues continue, contact Apple for help here: Get Support.

Cheers,

Jack

Similar questions

3 replies

MacBook Pro 2021 14" - Restarted Because of a Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.