Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I restart my MacBook Pro it says -1007F with an exclamation mark over the globe?

I've been having some issues with my MacBook Pro (mid 2012 model).

It wouldn't start up properly? Upon pressing the start button, you would hear the apple chime and the screen would go grey with the apple logo in the centre of the screen and a start up bar underneath the apple logo (as has always been the way it starts up) but...the bar would takes ages...hours to get to the end and then nothing further would happen?

Long story short, apple online support had me try a few things, which included starting the machine up using cmd R and that got me to the Mac OS X Disk Utility screen. Here I was able to see my HD was still clearly visible and so...I used another MacBook Pro and downloaded ALL of my files off of my affected machine on to an external 4TB HD - so date all saved : )

Under instruction from Apple online support I attempted a complete refresh of the Apple OS on theaffectedmachine. However, when I went to restart it, the following came up :

Grey screen with the globe and an exclamation mark over the globe and the following text underneath:

"Apple.com/support" and then "-1007F"

What does this fault message mean?

Apple online support think it might be issues with the RAM and/or logic board? However, the apple store tech (who I was then asked to take it to by apple online support) think it may be the HD? And/or the RAM and/or logic board? Or possibly something else?

The problem is: Neither party seem to know exactly what it is? However, the apple store are suggesting we start by replacing the HD and then go from there? But that is 1 of a few escalating options of what "it could be"?

My issue here is that neither in store or online can agree conclusively what the issue is, and what needs fixing? As such if we start with the HD and start changing other bits, the costs could really escalate and that makes the repair more than the MacBook Pro is worth today?!

So...my questions is:

- What does the fault message -1007F mean?

So you are aware:

- The Apple store suggest to replace the HD with them would cost around £175 to replace the HD. However, that might not resolve the issue, so then we need to look at the RAM and logic board...so from that point the costs outweigh the £ value of the machine. So it isn't then economically viable, and might be better to get a new machine.

- I think the issue came about during transporting the MacBook Pro. I think it may have been knocked and so this may have caused the internal damage to occur, as the machine was working before that.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2021 11:57 PM

Hi,

A globe with an exclamation point means that your Mac tried to start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet, but couldn't.

About macOS Recovery on Intel-based Mac computers - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 21, 2021 12:36 AM in response to kaz-k

Hi, yes that's correct. However, its not that specifically that's the question. The question is about what the fault message -1007F means?

As that is what we are all querying...me, apple online support, and the store. We understand that the globe and exclamation mark mean it couldn't restart, however, its the message underneath that I'm getting conflicting responses to.

Thats the bit that I'm wondering if anyone on this community forum has seen before, and what it means? As that will help my decision on next steps.

Thank you for your reply though. Appreciated

When I restart my MacBook Pro it says -1007F with an exclamation mark over the globe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.